Monday, July 23, 2007

The End

Well guys, this is the end. The final chapter of our time here. It's been a great experience, and I know everybody's excited/anxious about presenting their projects. Personally, I am not quite finished with mine. But I still have one more day to tie up loose ends. I have my conclusion written, but not my results. I'm sure I'll finish it up tonight. I can't believe all that I've learned these past 6 weeks- sequencing, PCR, gels, purifications, specs, bioinformatics, statistical tests, sea urchin development, and the ridiculously high cost of biological research. Now I know what grants are for. Though I'm still not sure what I want to do with my life career wise, I think I've learned a lot about biology and lab research this summer. There is a huge difference between just reading about something and actually doing it. Thanks to everyone in my lab and to all the ladies with the Howard Hughes Program- you guys have been really great! Thanks to all the speakers and thanks to the sea urchins for sacrificing your little lives for the greater good! So long.

No comments: