Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hey guys, it's Linda. Last week after talking to my PI, I found out that both of my experiments, 317 colony diameter growth and small vs. large colony bacteria biofilm growth seem to be working. : ) ! Additionally, in the former experiment, bacteria growth in a particular Fufu dilution spawned atypically large colonies, something that Bill said he'd never seen. So I shall now be taking on a mini-third experiment by replating some suspicious looking colonies to see if their proceeding generations will retain the same diameters.
The only slight problem this poses is that I will now have a more difficult time in trying to choose which project to focus on for my poster presentation. Additionally, I am worried that I will be short on time and will have a harder time acquiring all the data when my time is split three-ways. In eight minutes now, I'll be rock-climbing with some people from our lab for the first time ever. I hope to survive so I can at least finish the last book of the Harry Potter series. I'll show you my scrapes and cracked jaw bone tomorrow. Chow!

No comments: